In November, in addition to Veterans’ Day and Thanksgiving, we are recognizing National Hospice & Palliative Care Month and National Family Caregivers’ Month.
Being a caregiver is a 24/7 job. If you or someone you know is a caregiver, check out these tips on how to care for yourself while you care for someone else!
Did you know…
• Hospice is covered 100% by Medicare, Medicaid and most major insurances.
• In the US in 2015, over 1.1 million people signed on for hospice care.
• Bereavement services are available to families for over a year following the loss of their loved ones.
• Hospice is not a place- people can receive hospice services in their own homes or in a healthcare center.
• Hospice is not just for patients with cancer. Hospice can benefit patients with any health condition that is life limiting, including heart, lung and liver disease.
• Hospice isn’t just for the final days of life. Research has shown that people benefit more when they have a longer relationship with a hospice provider. In 2015, individuals were active with hospice providers for almost 70 days on average.
For more information about this important benefit, please call 216-898-8444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mapleview Country Villa has a lot of great activities and outings planned for November.
Click here for the calendar of events.
If you have any questions or would like to participate in something listed, please contact the activities department.