In November, in addition to Veterans’ Day and Thanksgiving, we are recognizing National Hospice & Palliative Care Month and National Family Caregivers’ Month.
Being a caregiver is a 24/7 job. If you or someone you know is a caregiver, check out these tips on how to care for yourself while you care for someone else!
Did you know…
• Hospice is covered 100% by Medicare, Medicaid and most major insurances.
• In the US in 2015, over 1.1 million people signed on for hospice care.
• Bereavement services are available to families for over a year following the loss of their loved ones.
• Hospice is not a place- people can receive hospice services in their own homes or in a healthcare center.
• Hospice is not just for patients with cancer. Hospice can benefit patients with any health condition that is life limiting, including heart, lung and liver disease.
• Hospice isn’t just for the final days of life. Research has shown that people benefit more when they have a longer relationship with a hospice provider. In 2015, individuals were active with hospice providers for almost 70 days on average.
For more information about this important benefit, please call 216-898-8444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wickliffe Country Place has a lot of great activities and outings planned for November.
If you have any questions or would like to participate in something listed, please contact the activities department.