From August 4th to August 10th, National Health Center Week is celebrated! National Health Center Week is a celebration for raising awareness regarding our nation’s health centers, along with their overall missions and accomplishments. Did you know that 28 million patients receive services through health centers? Along with serving 28 million patients, health centers are important for developing innovative solutions within the healthcare industry. The National Association of Community Health Centers’ theme for this week is, “Rooted in Communities.” During National Health Center Week, there will be a focus on each of the following seven focus days:
- August 4th: Social Determinants Day
- August 5th: Healthcare for the Homeless Day
- August 6th: Agricultural Worker Health Day
- August 7th: Patient Appreciation Day
- August 8th: Stakeholder Appreciation Day
- August 9th: Health Center Staff Appreciation Day
- August 10th: Children’s Health Day
Celebrate National Health Center Week by using #NHCW19 and #ValueCHCs to show your support! For more information, visit the National Health Center Week website!
About National Health Center Week. (2019). Retrieved 29 July 2019, from https://healthcenterweek.org/about-nhcw/.